• Humanities Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Humanity
• Humanity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The branches of polite or elegant learning; as language, rhetoric, poetry, and the ancient classics; belles-letters.
- (n.) Mental cultivation; liberal education; instruction in classical and polite literature.
- (n.) Mankind collectively; the human race.
- (n.) The quality of being human; the peculiar nature of man, by which he is distinguished from other beings.
- (n.) The quality of being humane; the kind feelings, dispositions, and sympathies of man; especially, a disposition to relieve persons or animals in distress, and to treat all creatures with kindness and tenderness.