• Humbling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Humble
• Humble Definition & Synonyms
- (superl.) Near the ground; not high or lofty; not pretentious or magnificent; unpretending; unassuming; as, a humble cottage.
- (v. t.) To bring low; to reduce the power, independence, or exaltation of; to lower; to abase; to humilate.
- (superl.) Thinking lowly of ones self; claiming little for ones self; not proud, arrogant, or assuming; thinking ones self ill-deserving or unworthy, when judged by the demands of God; lowly; waek; modest.
- (a.) Hornless. See Hummel.
- (v. t.) To make humble or lowly in mind; to abase the pride or arrogance of; to reduce the self-sufficiently of; to make meek and submissive; -- often used rexlexively.