• Humoring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Humor
• Humor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That quality of the imagination which gives to ideas an incongruous or fantastic turn, and tends to excite laughter or mirth by ludicrous images or representations; a playful fancy; facetiousness.
- (n.) Changing and uncertain states of mind; caprices; freaks; vagaries; whims.
- (n.) A vitiated or morbid animal fluid, such as often causes an eruption on the skin.
- (n.) State of mind, whether habitual or temporary (as formerly supposed to depend on the character or combination of the fluids of the body); disposition; temper; mood; as, good humor; ill humor.
- (v. t.) To comply with the humor of; to adjust matters so as suit the peculiarities, caprices, or exigencies of; to adapt ones self to; to indulge by skillful adaptation; as, to humor the mind.
- (n.) Moisture, especially, the moisture or fluid of animal bodies, as the chyle, lymph, etc.; as, the humors of the eye, etc.
- (v. t.) To help on by indulgence or compliant treatment; to soothe; to gratify; to please.