• Humpbacked Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having a humped back.
• Humpback Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small salmon (Oncorhynchus gorbuscha), of the northwest coast of America.
- (n.) A crooked back; a humped back.
- (n.) A humpbacked person; a hunchback.
- (n.) Any whale of the genus Megaptera, characterized by a hump or bunch on the back. Several species are known. The most common ones in the North Atlantic are Megaptera longimana of Europe, and M. osphyia of America; that of the California coasts is M. versabilis.
• Humpbacked salmon Definition & Synonyms
- () A small salmon (Oncorhynchus gorbuscha) which ascends the rivers of the Pacific coast from California to Alaska, and also on the Asiatic side. In the breeding season the male has a large dorsal hump and distorted jaws.