• Hunch Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A lump; a thick piece; as, a hunch of bread.
- (n.) A push or thrust, as with the elbow.
- (v. t.) To push or jostle with the elbow; to push or thrust suddenly.
- (v. t.) To thrust out a hump or protuberance; to crook, as the back.
- (n.) A hump; a protuberance.
- (n.) A strong, intuitive impression that something will happen; -- said to be from the gamblers superstition that it brings luck to touch the hump of a hunchback.
• Hunching Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Hunch