• Hunter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A dog that scents game, or is trained to the chase; a hunting dog.
- (n.) A hunting watch, or one of which the crystal is protected by a metallic cover.
- (n.) A horse used in the chase; especially, a thoroughbred, bred and trained for hunting.
- (n.) One who hunts or seeks after anything, as if for game; as, a fortune hunter a place hunter.
- (n.) One who hunts wild animals either for sport or for food; a huntsman.
- (n.) A kind of spider. See Hunting spider, under Hunting.
• Hunterian Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Discovered or described by John Hunter, an English surgeon; as, the Hunterian chancre. See Chancre.