• Hunting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Hunt
- (n.) The pursuit of game or of wild animals.
• Hunt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To use or manage in the chase, as hounds.
- (v. t.) To drive; to chase; -- with down, from, away, etc.; as, to hunt down a criminal; he was hunted from the parish.
- (v. i.) To follow the chase; to go out in pursuit of game; to course with hounds.
- (v. t.) To search for or follow after, as game or wild animals; to chase; to pursue for the purpose of catching or killing; to follow with dogs or guns for sport or exercise; as, to hunt a deer.
- (n.) An association of huntsmen.
- (n.) The game secured in the hunt.
- (n.) A district of country hunted over.
- (v. t.) To use or traverse in pursuit of game; as, he hunts the woods, or the country.
- (v. i.) To seek; to pursue; to search; -- with for or after.
- (n.) A pack of hounds.
- (v. t.) To search diligently after; to seek; to pursue; to follow; -- often with out or up; as, to hunt up the facts; to hunt out evidence.
- (n.) The act or practice of chasing wild animals; chase; pursuit; search.
- (v. i.) To be in a state of instability of movement or forced oscillation, as a governor which has a large movement of the balls for small change of load, an arc-lamp clutch mechanism which moves rapidly up and down with variations of current, or the like; also, to seesaw, as a pair of alternators working in parallel.
- (v. t.) To move or shift the order of (a bell) in a regular course of changes.
- (v. i.) To shift up and down in order regularly.
• Hunte Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A hunter.