• Hurdleing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Hurdle
• Hurdle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To hedge, cover, make, or inclose with hurdles.
- (n.) An artificial barrier, variously constructed, over which men or horses leap in a race.
- (n.) In England, a sled or crate on which criminals were formerly drawn to the place of execution.
- (n.) A movable frame of wattled twigs, osiers, or withes and stakes, or sometimes of iron, used for inclosing land, for folding sheep and cattle, for gates, etc.; also, in fortification, used as revetments, and for other purposes.