• Hypo Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Sodium hyposulphite, or thiosulphate, a solution of which is used as a bath to wash out the unchanged silver salts in a picture.
- (n.) Hypochondria.
• Hypo- Definition & Synonyms
- () A prefix denoting that the element to the name of which it is prefixed enters with a low valence, or in a low state of oxidization, usually the lowest, into the compounds indicated; as, hyposulphurous acid.
- () A prefix signifying a less quantity, or a low state or degree, of that denoted by the word with which it is joined, or position under or beneath.