• Iamb Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An iambus or iambic.
• Iambi Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Iambus
• Iambic Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An iambic foot; an iambus.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or composed of, iambics; as, an iambic verse; iambic meter. See Lambus.
- (n.) A verse composed of iambic feet.
- (a.) Consisting of a short syllable followed by a long one, or of an unaccented syllable followed by an accented; as, an iambic foot.
- (n.) A satirical poem (such poems having been anciently written in iambic verse); a satire; a lampoon.