• Idiom Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Dialect; a variant form of a language.
- (n.) An expression conforming or appropriate to the peculiar structural form of a language; in extend use, an expression sanctioned by usage, having a sense peculiar to itself and not agreeing with the logical sense of its structural form; also, the phrase forms peculiar to a particular author.
- (n.) The syntactical or structural form peculiar to any language; the genius or cast of a language.
• Idiomatical Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to, or conforming to, the mode of expression peculiar to a language; as, an idiomatic meaning; an idiomatic phrase.