• Illuminated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Illuminate
• Illuminate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make plain or clear; to dispel the obscurity to by knowledge or reason; to explain; to elucidate; as, to illuminate a text, a problem, or a duty.
- (v. t.) To light up; to decorate with artificial lights, as a building or city, in token of rejoicing or respect.
- (n.) One who enlightened; esp., a pretender to extraordinary light and knowledge.
- (a.) Enlightened.
- (v. t.) To adorn, as a book or page with borders, initial letters, or miniature pictures in colors and gold, as was done in manuscripts of the Middle Ages.
- (v. i.) To light up in token or rejoicing.
- (v. t.) To make light; to throw light on; to supply with light, literally or figuratively; to brighten.