• Illustrate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To adorn with pictures, as a book or a subject; to elucidate with pictures, as a history or a romance.
- (v. t.) To make clear, bright, or luminous.
- (v. t.) To give renown or honor to; to make illustrious; to glorify.
- (a.) Illustrated; distinguished; illustrious.
- (v. t.) To set in a clear light; to exhibit distinctly or conspicuously.
- (v. t.) To make clear, intelligible, or apprehensible; to elucidate, explain, or exemplify, as by means of figures, comparisons, and examples.
• Illustrated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Illustrate