• Imitating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Imitate
• Imitate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To produce a semblance or likeness of, in form, character, color, qualities, conduct, manners, and the like; to counterfeit; to copy.
- (v. t.) To resemble (another species of animal, or a plant, or inanimate object) in form, color, ornamentation, or instinctive habits, so as to derive an advantage thereby; sa, when a harmless snake imitates a venomous one in color and manner, or when an odorless insect imitates, in color, one having secretion offensive to birds.
- (v. t.) To follow as a pattern, model, or example; to copy or strive to copy, in acts, manners etc.