• Imitation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the principal means of securing unity and consistency in polyphonic composition; the repetition of essentially the same melodic theme, phrase, or motive, on different degrees of pitch, by one or more of the other parts of voises. Cf. Canon.
- (n.) That which is made or produced as a copy; that which is made to resemble something else, whether for laudable or for fraudulent purposes; likeness; resemblance.
- (n.) The act of condition of imitating another species of animal, or a plant, or unanimate object. See Imitate, v. t., 3.
- (n.) The act of imitating.
• Imitational Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, or employed in, imitation; as, imitational propensities.