• Immersion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The dissapearance of a celestail body, by passing either behind another, as in the occultation of a star, or into its shadow, as in the eclipse of a satellite; -- opposed to emersion.
- (n.) The act of immersing, or the state of being immersed; a sinking within a fluid; a dipping; as, the immersion of Achilles in the Styx.
- (n.) Submersion in water for the purpose of Christian baptism, as, practiced by the Baptists.
- (n.) The state of being overhelmed or deeply absorbed; deep engagedness.
• Immersionist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who holds the doctrine that immersion is essential to Christian baptism.