• Imp Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Something added to, or united with, another, to lengthen it out or repair it, -- as, an addition to a beehive; a feather inserted in a broken wing of a bird; a length of twisted hair in a fishing line.
- (n.) A shoot; a scion; a bud; a slip; a graft.
- (n.) To graft; to insert as a scion.
- (n.) A young or inferior devil; a little, malignant spirit; a puny demon; a contemptible evil worker.
- (n.) An offspring; progeny; child; scion.
- (n.) To graft with new feathers, as a wing; to splice a broken feather. Hence, Fig.: To repair; to extend; to increase; to strengthen to equip.
• Impanation Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Embodiment in bread; the supposed real presence and union of Christs material body and blood with the substance of the elements of the eucharist without a change in their nature; -- distinguished from transubstantiation, which supposes a miraculous change of the substance of the elements. It is akin to consubstantiation.
• Impartible Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Not partible; not subject to partition; indivisible; as, an impartible estate.
- (a.) Capable of being imparted or communicated.