• Impact Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The single instantaneous stroke of a body in motion against another either in motion or at rest.
- (n.) Contact or impression by touch; collision; forcible contact; force communicated.
- (v. t.) To drive close; to press firmly together: to wedge into a place.
• Impaction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The driving of one fragment of bone into another so that the fragments are not movable upon each other; as, impaction of the skull or of the hip.
- (n.) An immovable packing; (Med.), a lodgment of something in a strait or passage of the body; as, impaction of the fetal head in the strait of the pelvis; impaction of food or feces in the intestines of man or beast.