• Importing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Import
- (a.) Full of meaning.
• Import Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which a word, phrase, or document contains as its signification or intention or interpretation of a word, action, event, and the like.
- (v. t.) To bring in from abroad; to introduce from without; especially, to bring (wares or merchandise) into a place or country from a foreign country, in the transactions of commerce; -- opposed to export. We import teas from China, coffee from Brasil, etc.
- (v. t.) To be of importance or consequence to; to have a bearing on; to concern.
- (v. i.) To signify; to purport; to be of moment.
- (n.) Importance; weight; consequence.
- (n.) Merchandise imported, or brought into a country from without its boundaries; -- generally in the plural, opposed to exports.
- (v. t.) To carry or include, as meaning or intention; to imply; to signify.