• Imposed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Impose
• Impose Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A command; injunction.
- (v. i.) To practice trick or deception.
- (v. t.) To arrange in proper order on a table of stone or metal and lock up in a chase for printing; -- said of columns or pages of type, forms, etc.
- (v. t.) To lay as a charge, burden, tax, duty, obligation, command, penalty, etc.; to enjoin; to levy; to inflict; as, to impose a toll or tribute.
- (v. t.) To lay on, as the hands, in the religious rites of confirmation and ordination.
- (v. t.) To lay on; to set or place; to put; to deposit.