• Improve Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make better; to increase the value or good qualities of; to ameliorate by care or cultivation; as, to improve land.
- (v. t.) To use or employ to good purpose; to make productive; to turn to profitable account; to utilize; as, to improve ones time; to improve his means.
- (v. t.) To disapprove; to find fault with; to reprove; to censure; as, to improve negligence.
- (v. t.) To advance or increase by use; to augment or add to; -- said with reference to what is bad.
- (v. i.) To advance or progress in bad qualities; to grow worse.
- (v. i.) To grow better; to advance or make progress in what is desirable; to make or show improvement; as, to improve in health.
- (v. t.) To disprove or make void; to refute.
- (v. i.) To increase; to be enhanced; to rise in value; as, the price of cotton improves.
• Improved Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Improve