• Improvising Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Improvise
• Improvise Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To compose, recite, or sing extemporaneously, especially in verse; to extemporize; also, to play upon an instrument, or to act, extemporaneously.
- (v. t.) To bring about, arrange, or make, on a sudden, or without previous preparation.
- (v. i.) To produce or render extemporaneous compositions, especially in verse or in music, without previous preparation; hence, to do anything offhand.
- (v. t.) To invent, or provide, offhand, or on the spur of the moment; as, he improvised a hammer out of a stone.