• Incrust Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To inlay into, as a piece of carving or other ornamental object.
- (v. t.) To cover or line with a crust, or hard coat; to form a crust on the surface of; as, iron incrusted with rust; a vessel incrusted with salt; a sweetmeat incrusted with sugar.
• Incrustation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Anything inlaid or imbedded.
- (n.) A crust or hard coating of anything upon or within a body, as a deposit of lime, sediment, etc., from water on the inner surface of a steam boiler.
- (n.) The act of incrusting, or the state of being incrusted.
- (n.) A covering or inlaying of marble, mosaic, etc., attached to the masonry by cramp irons or cement.
• Incrustment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Incrustation.