• Indirect Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Not tending to an aim, purpose, or result by the plainest course, or by obvious means, but obliquely or consequentially; by remote means; as, an indirect accusation, attack, answer, or proposal.
- (a.) Not reaching the end aimed at by the most plain and direct method; as, an indirect proof, demonstration, etc.
- (a.) Not straightforward or upright; unfair; dishonest; tending to mislead or deceive.
- (a.) Not direct; not straight or rectilinear; deviating from a direct line or course; circuitous; as, an indirect road.
- (a.) Not resulting directly from an act or cause, but more or less remotely connected with or growing out of it; as, indirect results, damages, or claims.
• Indirectness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being indirect; obliquity; deviousness; crookedness.
- (n.) Deviation from an upright or straightforward course; unfairness; dishonesty.
• Indirected Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Not directed; aimless.