• Individual Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The product of a single egg, whether it remains a single animal or becomes compound by budding or fission.
- (n.) An independent, or partially independent, zooid of a compound animal.
- (a.) Not divided, or not to be divided; existing as one entity, or distinct being or object; single; one; as, an individual man, animal, or city.
- (n.) A single person, animal, or thing of any kind; a thing or being incapable of separation or division, without losing its identity; especially, a human being; a person.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to one only; peculiar to, or characteristic of, a single person or thing; distinctive; as, individual traits of character; individual exertions; individual peculiarities.
• Individuality Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The character or property appropriate or peculiar to an individual; that quality which distinguishes one person or thing from another; the sum of characteristic traits; distinctive character; as, he is a person of marked individuality.
- (n.) The quality or state of being individual or constituting an individual; separate or distinct existence; oneness; unity.
• Individualism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being individual; individuality; personality.
- (n.) An excessive or exclusive regard to ones personal interest; self-interest; selfishness.
- (n.) The principle, policy, or practice of maintaining individuality, or independence of the individual, in action; the theory or practice of maintaining the independence of individual initiative, action, and interests, as in industrial organization or in government.
, Laissez faire