• Indol Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A white, crystalline substance, C8H7N, obtained from blue indigo, and almost all indigo derivatives, by a process of reduction. It is also formed from albuminous matter, together with skatol, by putrefaction, and by fusion with caustic potash, and is present in human excrement, as well as in the intestinal canal of some herbivora.
• Indolin Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A dark resinous substance, polymeric with indol, and obtained by the reduction of indigo white.
• Indolent Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Free from toil, pain, or trouble.
- (a.) Causing little or no pain or annoyance; as, an indolent tumor.
- (a.) Indulging in ease; avoiding labor and exertion; habitually idle; lazy; inactive; as, an indolent man.