• Induct Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To introduce, as to a benefice or office; to put in actual possession of the temporal rights of an ecclesiastical living, or of any other office, with the customary forms and ceremonies.
- (v. t.) To bring in; to introduce; to usher in.
• Induction generator Definition & Synonyms
- () A machine built as an induction motor and driven above synchronous speed, thus acting as an alternating-current generator; -- called also asynchronous generator. Below synchronism the machine takes in electrical energy and acts as an induction motor; at synchronism the power component of current becomes zero and changes sign, so that above synchronism the machine (driven for thus purpose by mechanical power) gives out electrical energy as a generator.
• Inductor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The person who inducts another into an office or benefice.
- (n.) That portion of an electrical apparatus, in which is the inducing charge or current.