• Indulged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Indulge
• Indulge Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) to give free course to; to give ones self up to; as, to indulge sloth, pride, selfishness, or inclinations;
- (v. t.) To grant as by favor; to bestow in concession, or in compliance with a wish or request.
- (v. i.) To indulge ones self; to gratify ones tastes or desires; esp., to give ones self up (to); to practice a forbidden or questionable act without restraint; -- followed by in, but formerly, also, by to.
- (v. t.) to yield to the desire of; to gratify by compliance; to humor; to withhold restraint from; as, to indulge children in their caprices or willfulness; to indulge ones self with a rest or in pleasure.
- (v. t.) To be complacent toward; to give way to; not to oppose or restrain