• Infant Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A person who is not of full age, or who has not attained the age of legal capacity; a person under the age of twenty-one years; a minor.
- (n.) Same as Infante.
- (v. t.) To bear or bring forth, as a child; hence, to produce, in general.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to infancy, or the first period of life; tender; not mature; as, infant strength.
- (n.) A child in the first period of life, beginning at his birth; a young babe; sometimes, a child several years of age.
- (a.) Intended for young children; as, an infant school.
• Infanta Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A title borne by every one of the daughters of the kings of Spain and Portugal, except the eldest.
• Infantry Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A body of soldiers serving on foot; foot soldiers, in distinction from cavalry.
- (n.) A body of children.