• Infinite Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Greater than any assignable quantity of the same kind; -- said of certain quantities.
- (n.) An infinite quantity or magnitude.
- (n.) An infinity; an incalculable or very great number.
- (a.) Unlimited or boundless, in time or space; as, infinite duration or distance.
- (a.) Without limit in power, capacity, knowledge, or excellence; boundless; immeasurably or inconceivably great; perfect; as, the infinite wisdom and goodness of God; -- opposed to finite.
- (a.) Indefinitely large or extensive; great; vast; immense; gigantic; prodigious.
- (a.) Capable of endless repetition; -- said of certain forms of the canon, called also perpetual fugues, so constructed that their ends lead to their beginnings, and the performance may be incessantly repeated.
- (n.) That which is infinite; boundless space or duration; infinity; boundlessness.
- (n.) The Infinite Being; God; the Almighty.
• Infinitesimally Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By infinitesimals; in infinitely small quantities; in an infinitesimal degree.
• Infinitely Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Without bounds or limits; beyond or below assignable limits; as, an infinitely large or infinitely small quantity.
- (adv.) Very; exceedingly; vastly; highly; extremely.