• Inflamed Definition & Synonyms
- (p. a.) Set on fire; enkindled; heated; congested; provoked; exasperated.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Inflame
- (p. a.) Represented as burning, or as adorned with tongues of flame.
• Inflame Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To provoke to anger or rage; to exasperate; to irritate; to incense; to enrage.
- (v. t.) To exaggerate; to enlarge upon.
- (v. t.) To put in a state of inflammation; to produce morbid heat, congestion, or swelling, of; as, to inflame the eyes by overwork.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To kindle or intensify, as passion or appetite; to excite to an excessive or unnatural action or heat; as, to inflame desire.
- (v. i.) To grow morbidly hot, congested, or painful; to become angry or incensed.
- (v. t.) To set on fire; to kindle; to cause to burn, flame, or glow.