• Inflating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Inflate
• Inflate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to become unduly expanded or increased; as, to inflate the currency.
- (v. t.) To swell or distend with air or gas; to dilate; to expand; to enlarge; as, to inflate a bladder; to inflate the lungs.
- (v. i.) To expand; to fill; to distend.
- (p. a.) Blown in; inflated.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To swell; to puff up; to elate; as, to inflate one with pride or vanity.
• Inflatingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a manner tending to inflate.