• Ingrained Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Ingrain
• Ingrain Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Dyed with grain, or kermes.
- (a.) Dyed before manufacture, -- said of the material of a textile fabric; hence, in general, thoroughly inwrought; forming an essential part of the substance.
- (n.) An ingrain fabric, as a carpet.
- (v. t.) To work into the natural texture or into the mental or moral constitution of; to stain; to saturate; to imbue; to infix deeply.
- (v. t.) To dye with or in grain or kermes.
- (v. t.) To dye in the grain, or before manufacture.