• Inherited Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Inherit
• Inherit Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To take or hold a possession, property, estate, or rights by inheritance.
- (v. t.) To put in possession of.
- (v. t.) To receive or take by birth; to have by nature; to derive or acquire from ancestors, as mental or physical qualities; as, he inherits a strong constitution, a tendency to disease, etc.
- (v. t.) To take by descent from an ancestor; to take by inheritance; to take as heir on the death of an ancestor or other person to whose estate one succeeds; to receive as a right or title descendible by law from an ancestor at his decease; as, the heir inherits the land or real estate of his father; the eldest son of a nobleman inherits his fathers title; the eldest son of a king inherits the crown.
- (v. t.) To come into possession of; to possess; to own; to enjoy as a possession.