• Initiating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Initiate
• Initiate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To do the first act; to perform the first rite; to take the initiative.
- (n.) One who is, or is to be, initiated.
- (v. t.) To acquaint with the beginnings; to instruct in the rudiments or principles; to introduce.
- (a.) Begun; commenced; introduced to, or instructed in, the rudiments; newly admitted.
- (a.) Unpracticed; untried; new.
- (v. t.) To introduce by a first act; to make a beginning with; to set afoot; to originate; to commence; to begin or enter upon.
- (v. t.) To introduce into a society or organization; to confer membership on; especially, to admit to a secret order with mysterious rites or ceremonies.