• Inoculated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Inoculate
• Inoculate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bud; to insert, or graft, as the bud of a tree or plant in another tree or plant.
- (v. t.) To communicate a disease to ( a person ) by inserting infectious matter in the skin or flesh; as, to inoculate a person with the virus of smallpox,rabies, etc. See Vaccinate.
- (v. i.) To graft by inserting buds.
- (v. t.) To insert a foreign bud into; as, to inoculate a tree.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To introduce into the mind; -- used especially of harmful ideas or principles; to imbue; as, to inoculate one with treason or infidelity.
- (v. i.) To communicate disease by inoculation.