• Inspiring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Inspire
- (a.) Animating; cheering; moving; exhilarating; as, an inspiring or scene.
• Inspire Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To draw in by the operation of breathing; to inhale; -- opposed to expire.
- (v. t.) To infuse into; to affect, as with a superior or supernatural influence; to fill with what animates, enlivens, or exalts; to communicate inspiration to; as, to inspire a child with sentiments of virtue.
- (v. t.) To breathe into; to fill with the breath; to animate.
- (v. t.) To infuse by breathing, or as if by breathing.
- (v. i.) To draw in breath; to inhale air into the lungs; -- opposed to expire.
- (v. t.) To infuse into the mind; to communicate to the spirit; to convey, as by a divine or supernatural influence; to disclose preternaturally; to produce in, as by inspiration.
- (v. i.) To breathe; to blow gently.