• Institution Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An established or organized society or corporation; an establishment, especially of a public character, or affecting a community; a foundation; as, a literary institution; a charitable institution; also, a building or the buildings occupied or used by such organization; as, the Smithsonian Institution.
- (n.) That which institutes or instructs; a textbook; a system of elements or rules; an institute.
- (n.) That which instituted or established
- (n.) The act or ceremony of investing a clergyman with the spiritual part of a benefice, by which the care of souls is committed to his charge.
- (n.) Instruction; education.
- (n.) Established order, method, or custom; enactment; ordinance; permanent form of law or polity.
- (n.) The act or process of instituting; as: (a) Establishment; foundation; enactment; as, the institution of a school.
- (n.) Anything forming a characteristic and persistent feature in social or national life or habits.
• Institutional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Instituted by authority.
- (a.) Elementary; rudimental.
- (a.) Pertaining to, or treating of, institutions; as, institutional legends.