• Insulting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Insult
- (a.) Containing, or characterized by, insult or abuse; tending to insult or affront; as, insulting language, treatment, etc.
• Insult Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) The act of leaping on; onset; attack.
- (v. t.) To treat with abuse, insolence, indignity, or contempt, by word or action; to abuse; as, to call a man a coward or a liar, or to sneer at him, is to insult him.
- (v. i.) To leap or jump.
- (v. t.) Gross abuse offered to another, either by word or act; an act or speech of insolence or contempt; an affront; an indignity.
- (v. i.) To behave with insolence; to exult.
- (v. t.) To leap or trample upon; to make a sudden onset upon.