• Intend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To intensify; to strengthen.
- (v. t.) To design mechanically or artistically; to fashion; to mold.
- (v. t.) To strain; to make tense.
- (v. t.) To bend or turn; to direct, as ones course or journey.
- (v. t.) To fix the mind on; to attend to; to take care of; to superintend; to regard.
- (v. t.) To apply with energy.
- (v. t.) To stretch to extend; to distend.
- (v. t.) To pretend; to counterfeit; to simulate.
- (v. t.) To fix the mind upon (something to be accomplished); to be intent upon; to mean; to design; to plan; to purpose; -- often followed by an infinitely with to, or a dependent clause with that; as, he intends to go; he intends that she shall remain.
• Intended Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Intend
- (a.) Betrothed; affianced; as, an intended husband.
- (n.) One with whom marriage is designed; one who is betrothed; an affianced lover.
- (a.) Purposed; designed; as, intended harm or help.
- (a.) Made tense; stretched out; extended; forcible; violent.
• Intendment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The true meaning, understanding, or intention of a law, or of any legal instrument.
- (n.) Charge; oversight.
- (n.) Intention; design; purpose.
• Intendancies Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Intendancy