• Interchange Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of mutually changing; the act of mutually giving and receiving; exchange; as, the interchange of civilities between two persons.
- (n.) Alternate succession; alternation; a mingling.
- (v. t.) To cause to follow alternately; to intermingle; to vary; as, to interchange cares with pleasures.
- (n.) The mutual exchange of commodities between two persons or countries; barter; commerce.
- (v. i.) To make an interchange; to alternate.
- (v. t.) To put each in the place of the other; to give and take mutually; to exchange; to reciprocate; as, to interchange places; they interchanged friendly offices and services.
• Interchangeable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Admitting of exchange or mutual substitution.
- (a.) Following each other in alternate succession; as, the four interchangeable seasons.