• Interest Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To engage the attention of; to awaken interest in; to excite emotion or passion in, in behalf of a person or thing; as, the subject did not interest him; to interest one in charitable work.
- (n.) Any excess of advantage over and above an exact equivalent for what is given or rendered.
- (n.) Advantage, personal or general; good, regarded as a selfish benefit; profit; benefit.
- (n.) To be concerned with or engaged in; to affect; to concern; to excite; -- often used impersonally.
- (n.) To cause or permit to share.
- (n.) Excitement of feeling, whether pleasant or painful, accompanying special attention to some object; concern.
- (n.) Premium paid for the use of money, -- usually reckoned as a percentage; as, interest at five per cent per annum on ten thousand dollars.
- (n.) The persons interested in any particular business or measure, taken collectively; as, the iron interest; the cotton interest.
- (n.) Participation in advantage, profit, and responsibility; share; portion; part; as, an interest in a brewery; he has parted with his interest in the stocks.
• Interestingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an interesting manner.
• Interesting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Interest
- (a.) Engaging the attention; exciting, or adapted to excite, interest, curiosity, or emotion; as, an interesting story; interesting news.