• Intermission Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Intervention; interposition.
- (n.) The temporary cessation or subsidence of a fever; the space of time between the paroxysms of a disease. Intermission is an entire cessation, as distinguished from remission, or abatement of fever.
- (n.) The act or the state of intermitting; the state of being neglected or disused; disuse; discontinuance.
- (n.) Cessation for a time; an intervening period of time; an interval; a temporary pause; as, to labor without intermission; an intermission of ten minutes.