• Interpolate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To alter or corrupt by the insertion of new or foreign matter; especially, to change, as a book or text, by the insertion of matter that is new, or foreign to the purpose of the author.
- (v. t.) To renew; to carry on with intermission.
- (v. t.) To fill up intermediate terms of, as of a series, according to the law of the series; to introduce, as a number or quantity, in a partial series, according to the law of that part of the series.
• Interpolated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Introduced or determined by interpolation; as, interpolated quantities or numbers.
- (a.) Provided with necessary interpolations; as, an interpolated table.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Interpolate
- (a.) Inserted in, or added to, the original; introduced; foisted in; changed by the insertion of new or spurious matter.