• Interpretation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or process of applying general principles or formulae to the explanation of the results obtained in special cases.
- (n.) The act of interpreting; explanation of what is obscure; translation; version; construction; as, the interpretation of a foreign language, of a dream, or of an enigma.
- (n.) An artists way of expressing his thought or embodying his conception of nature.
- (n.) The power or explaining.
- (n.) The sense given by an interpreter; exposition or explanation given; meaning; as, commentators give various interpretations of the same passage of Scripture.