• Interruption Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being interrupted; a breach or break, caused by the abrupt intervention of something foreign; intervention; interposition.
- (n.) Obstruction caused by breaking in upon course, current, progress, or motion; stop; hindrance; as, the author has met with many interruptions in the execution of his work; the speaker or the argument proceeds without interruption.
- (n.) The act of interrupting, or breaking in upon.
- (n.) Temporary cessation; intermission; suspension.