• Interval Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Difference in pitch between any two tones.
- (n.) A brief space of time between the recurrence of similar conditions or states; as, the interval between paroxysms of pain; intervals of sanity or delirium.
- (n.) Space of time between any two points or events; as, the interval between the death of Charles I. of England, and the accession of Charles II.
- (n.) Alt. of Intervale
- (n.) A space between things; a void space intervening between any two objects; as, an interval between two houses or hills.
• Intervale Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tract of low ground between hills, or along the banks of a stream, usually alluvial land, enriched by the overflowings of the river, or by fertilizing deposits of earth from the adjacent hills. Cf. Bottom, n., 7.
• Intervallum Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An interval.