• Intimated Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Intimate
• Intimate Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Close in friendship or acquaintance; familiar; confidential; as, an intimate friend.
- (a.) Near; close; direct; thorough; complete.
- (n.) An intimate friend or associate; a confidant.
- (a.) Innermost; inward; internal; deep-seated; hearty.
- (a.) To announce; to declare; to publish; to communicate; to make known.
- (a.) To suggest obscurely or indirectly; to refer to remotely; to give slight notice of; to hint; as, he intimated his intention of resigning his office.