• Introducing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Introduce
• Introduce Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To produce; to cause to exist; to induce.
- (v. t.) To lead or bring in; to conduct or usher in; as, to introduce a person into a drawing-room.
- (v. t.) To bring into notice, practice, cultivation, or use; as, to introduce a new fashion, method, or plant.
- (v. t.) To lead to and make known by formal announcement or recommendation; hence, to cause to be acquainted; as, to introduce strangers; to introduce one person to another.
- (v. t.) To put (something into a place); to insert; as, to introduce the finger, or a probe.
- (v. t.) To open to notice; to begin; to present; as, he introduced the subject with a long preface.