• Invented Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Invent
• Invent Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To come or light upon; to meet; to find.
- (v. t.) To discover, as by study or inquiry; to find out; to devise; to contrive or produce for the first time; -- applied commonly to the discovery of some serviceable mode, instrument, or machine.
- (v. t.) To frame by the imagination; to fabricate mentally; to forge; -- in a good or a bad sense; as, to invent the machinery of a poem; to invent a falsehood.